Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Decked with Wildflowers: A Pithy Blog of Thanks

This is an excerpt from the Psalm printed in my One Year Bible for August 8th, 2011.

I read this late that night.

It was the worst day of the year.


"I will exalt you, Lord, for you

rescued

me.

You refused to let my enemies truimph over me.
                O Lord my God, I cried to you for help, 
                                            and you restored my health.

You brought me up from the grave, O Lord. You kept me from falling into

the pit

           of death.

Sing to the Lord, all you godly ones! Praise His holy name.
             For his anger lasts only a moment,
                          but his favor lasts a lifetime!

Weeping may last through the night, but


joy

comes with the morning.

You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing,

You have taken away my clothes of mourning
        and clothed me with joy,
                  that I might sing praises to you and not be silent.

O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever!" - Psalm 30:1-5, 11-12 (NLT)


In the Message version, instead of "You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy" it reads:

"You ripped off my black mourning band and decked me with wildflowers".



I like that.

This Thankgsiving, I'm grateful, because God has restored my broken body, mind, and spirit.

He turned an unbearable sorrow in the night to an unspeakable joy in the morning.

He took away my black t-shirt soaked with tears, and

                                                        dressed me 

                         in wildflowers.---alg









No comments: